The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the electric utility company Ameren(AEE). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort the New All Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/24 the stock gained 8.07%.
Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for electric customers and natural gas customers through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric distribution and transmission service, as well as natural gas distribution service, while Ameren Missouri provides vertically integrated electric service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois develops regional electric transmission projects.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 32.46+ Weighted Alpha
- 37.57% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 4.83% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 69.34%
- Technical support level at 73.76
- Recently traded at 74.30 with a 50 day moving average of 70.07
- Market Cap $18.01 billion
- P/E 21.74
- Dividend yield 2.58%
- Revenue expected to grow 1.40% this year and another 2.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 7.00% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 7.70% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy and 5 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 190 to 44 that the stock will beat the market
- 5,543 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha