The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the communication REIT American Tower (AMT). I found the stock by using Barchart to screen for stock having at least a 34+ Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals above 80% (resulted in 167 stocks). I then sorted for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month and used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/23 the stock gained 17.27%.
American Tower Corporation, one of the largest global REITs, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of multitenant communications real estate. In addition to leasing space on towers, they provide customized collocation solutions through our in-building systems, outdoor distributed antenna systems and other right-of-way options, managed rooftops and services that speed network deployment. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, American Tower has offices across the United States and in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Mexico, Nigeria, Paraguay, Peru, South Africa and Uganda.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 42.45+ Weighted Alpha
- 33.92% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving average
- 16 new highs and up 11752% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 78.90%
- Technical support level at 194.04
- Recently traded at 194.46 with a 50 day moving average of 176.71
- Market Cap $86.33 billion
- P/E 24.57
- Dividend yield 1.72%
- Revenue expected to be down 1.30% this year but increase again by 6.10% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase 26.40% this year, an additional 19.40% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 19.60% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 7 strong buy, 14 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 1,334 to 83 that the stock will beat the market
- 33,421 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha