The Barchart Chart of the Day belong to the business information company Thomas Reuters (TRI). I found the stock n=by using Barchart to screen for stocks having a Weighted Alpha of 34.00+ and a technical buy signals of 80% or more. The resulted in a list of 151 stocks. I sorted that list for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the chart for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/23 the stock gained 15.37%.
Thomson Corporation is a leading provider of value-added information and technology to users in the fields of law, tax, accounting, financial services, higher education, reference information, corporate training and assessment, scientific research and healthcare.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 41.88+ Weighted Alpha
- 31.64% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 8.42% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 83.08%
- Technical support level at 58.28
- Recently traded at 58.99 with a 50 day moving average of 53.82
- Market Cap $29.12 billion
- P/E 70.54
- Dividend yield 2.48%
- Revenue expected to grow 1.50% this year and another 2.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 19.80% this year, an additional 4.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 594% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 2 buy and 7 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 2 to 0 that the stock will beat the market
- 7,850 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha