The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the Mexican fast food company Chipolte Mexican Grill (CMG). I found the stock by using Barchart to screen for stocks having at least 34.00+ Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals of 80% or more. I then sorted that list of 196 stocks by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/8 the stock gained 41.60%.
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., is operates Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurants, which serve a focused menu of burritos, tacos, and burrito bowls (a burrito without the tortilla) and salads, made using fresh ingredients. Chipotle Mexican Grill focus on finding the highest quality ingredients can to make great tasting food; on building a strong people culture that is centered on providing an excellent guest experience; on building restaurants that are operationally efficient and aesthetically pleasing; and on doing all of this with the highest regard for the safety of customers and increasing awareness and respect for the environment. Chipotle elevate basic raw ingredients into food that's richer and more sophisticated through recipes and cooking techniques. Chipotle focus has always been on using the kinds of higher-quality ingredients and cooking techniques used in high-end restaurants to make great food accessible at reasonable prices.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 110.20+ Weighted Alpha
- 120.43% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 15.93% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 88.82%
- Technical support level at 696.63
- Recently traded at 704.14 with a 50 day moving average of 600.21
- Market Cap $19.43 billion
- P/E 78.59
- Revenue expected to grow 8.80% this year and another 10.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 35.80% this year, an additional 26.10% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 24.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 10 strong buy, 2 buy, 13 hold and 3 sell recommendations
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 2 to 0 that the stock will beat the market
- 98,215 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha