The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the diversified food company McCormick & Co (MKC). I found the stock using Barchart to screen for stock with a Weighted Alpha of at least 34.00+ and technical buy signals of over 80%. That narrowed the search down to 277 stocks. I then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/22 the stock gained 13.48%.
McCormick & Company, Inc. is initiating a recall of products manufactured with HVP (hydrolyzed vegetable protein) supplied by Basic Food Flavors of Las Vegas, Nevada, because the ingredient has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. `Consumption of products containing Salmonella can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms) endocarditis and arthritis.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signals
- 45.50+ Weighted Alpha
- 44.52% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 21 new highs and up 10.76% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.76%
- Technical support level at 154.09
- Recently traded at 154.04 with a 50 day moving average of 138.05
- Market Cap $20.40 billion
- P/E 30.12
- Dividend yield 1.48%
- Revenue expected to grow .40% this year and another 3.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 5.80% this year, an additional 7.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 8.79% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 2 buy and 10 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 577 to 23 that the stock will beat the market
- 17,410 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha
Disclosure: I am/we are long MKC.