The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the utility company AES Corp (AES). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stock to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/16 the stock gained 8.41%.
The AES Corporation is a diversified power generation and utility company, providing affordable, sustainable energy through their diverse portfolio of thermal and renewable generation facilities as well as distribution businesses. Their vision is to be the world's leading sustainable power company by leveraging their unique electricity platforms and the knowledge of their people to provide the energy and infrastructure solutions their customers truly need. Their people share a passion to help meet the world's current and increasing energy needs, while providing communities and countries the opportunity for economic growth due to the availability of reliable, affordable electric power.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 64.43+ Weighted Alpha
- 50.90% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 14.62% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.37%
- Technical support level at 16.46
- Recently traded at 16.84 with a 50 day moving average of 15.30
- Market Cap $11.05 billion
- P/E 12.51
- Dividend yield 3.17%
- Revenue expected to grow 6.00% this year but decrease by 2.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 12.00% this year, increase by another 8.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 10.30% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 2 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 497 to 35 that the stock will beat the market
- 8,013 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha