The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the waste removal company Waste Connections (WCN). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's All-Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/14 the stock gained 8.87%.
Waste Connections, Inc. is an integrated solid waste services company. It provides waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in exclusive and secondary markets. The company, through its subsidiary R360 Environmental Solutions, provide non-hazardous oilfield waste treatment, recovery and disposal services primarily in the United States. It also provides intermodal services for the movement of cargo and solid waste containers. Waste Connections, Inc., formerly known as Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd., is headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 26.04+ Weighted Alpha
- 25.35% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 14.23% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 75.42%
- Technical support level at 83.17
- Recently traded at 84.39 with a 50 day moving average of 77.51
- Market Cap $22.22 billion
- P/E 34.53
- Dividend yield .76%
- Revenue expected to grow 5.60% this year and another 9.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 16.20% this year, an additional 12.40% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 11.40% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 7 strong buy recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 150 to 12 that the stock will beat the market
- 4,335 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha