The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the electronic components company IEC Electronics (IEC). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort its Top 100 Stocks list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 1/7 the stock gained 27.48%.
IEC Electronics Corp. is a full service, ISO 9001 and 9002 certified, contract manufacturer employing state-of-the-art production utilizing both surface mount and pin-through-hole technology. IEC offers its customers a wide range of manufacturing and management services, on either a turnkey or consignment basis, including design prototyping, material procurement and control, concurrent engineering services, manufacturing and test engineering support, statistical quality assurance and complete resource management.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 97.85+ Weighted Alpha
- 111.11% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 9 new highs and up 27.48% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.27%
- Technical support level at 7.21
- Recently traded at 7.78 with a 50 day moving average of 6.40
- Market Cap $78 million
- P/E 48.93
- Revenue expected to grow 26.50% this year and another 6.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 128.00% this year and another 80.70% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 37 to 1 that the stock will beat the market
- 1,253 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha