The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the biomedical company Genomic Health (GHDX). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top 100 Stocks first by the highest technical buy signals, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/30 the stock gained 9.37%.
Genomic Health, Inc. is a life science company focused on the development and commercialization of genomic-based clinical diagnostic tests for cancer that allow physicians and patients to make individualized treatment decisions. It launched its first test, Oncotype DX, which has been shown to predict the likelihood of breast cancer recurrence and chemotherapy benefit in early stage breast cancer patients. The Oncotype DX assay represents the first diagnostic gene expression test on the market that provides consistent results across multiple independent trials having breast cancer patients, including a large validation study of The New England Journal of Medicine.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 127.10+ Weighted Alpha
- 150.60% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 16.54% in the last month
- Relative strength index 73.26%
- Technical support level at 79.43
- Recently traded at 81.72 with a 50 day moving average of 70.84
- Market Cap $2.91 billion
- P/E 95.96
- Revenue expected to grow 14.80% this year and another 12.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 10,300.00% this year, an additional 20.20% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 453.10% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 6 hold and 2 sell recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 316 to 19 that the stock will beat the market
- 4,911 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha