The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the Hawaiian REIT Alexander & Baldwin (ALEX). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort it's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/9 the stock gained 19.99%.
Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. It owns, operates and manages retail, industrial and office space primarily in Hawaii and on the U.S. Mainland. The company also owns grocery/drug-anchored retail centers. Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. is based in Honolulu, United States.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 12.00+ Weighted Alpha
- 9.72% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 15.19% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 84.28%
- Technical support level at 24.02
- Recently traded at 24.78 with a 50 day moving average of 20.94
- Market Cap $1.75 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 11.40% this year but decrease by 7.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 210.00% this year, decrease by 46.00% next year but continue to compound by an annual rate of 20.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy and 1 buy recommendation
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 137 to 15 that the stock will beat the market
- 1,445 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha