The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the medical products company NanoString Technologies (NSTG). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All Time High list first by the highest Weighted Alpha, then used the Flipchart function to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 1/8 the stock gained 41.41%.
NanoString Technologies, Inc. is engaged in the development, manufacture and sale of life science tools. It provides nCounter Analysis System which supports research and development of clinical applications from basic discovery to the development of future molecular diagnostic tests on a single platform. The company also offers nSolver Analysis software, gene expression panels, miRNA expression assay kits, cancer copy number variation panels, nCounter leukemia fusion gene expression assay kits and human karyotype panels, custom CodeSets and master kits that are ancillary reagents, cartridges, tips and reagent plates to setup and process samples in its instruments. It markets its systems and related consumables to researchers in academic, government and biopharmaceutical laboratories primarily in North America, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia Pacific. NanoString Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 241.70+ Weighted Alpha
- 293.92% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 21.57% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.55%
- Technical support level at 23.40
- Recently traded at 25.44 with a 50 day moving average of 19.97
- Market Cap $748 million
- Revenue expected to grow 16.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 20.6% next year
- Wall Street issued 3 strong buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 19 to 4 that the stock will beat the market
- 2,440 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha