The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the stem cell therapeutics company Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stock to Own list first by the highest Weighted Alpha, then I used the Flipchart function to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 12/28 the stock gained 36.93%.
Osiris Therapeutics is a leading stem cell therapeutic company focused on developing and marketing products to treat medical conditions in the inflammatory, orthopedic and cardiovascular areas. Osiris currently markets and sells Osteocel for regenerating bone in orthopedic indications. Prochymal is being evaluated in Phase III clinical trials for three indications, including acute and steroid refractory Graft versus Host Disease and also Crohn's disease, and is the only stem cell therapeutic currently designated by FDA as both an Orphan Drug and Fast Track product. Osiris also has partnered with Genzyme Corporation to develop Prochymal as a medical countermeasure to nuclear terrorism and other radiological emergencies. Osiris is a fully integrated company, having developed capabilities in research, development, manufacturing, marketing and distribution of stem cell products.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 125.30+ Weighted Alpha
- 106.83% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 13.89% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.02%
- Technical support level at 16.71
- Recently traded at 17.87 with a 50 day moving average of 14.69
- Market Cap $585 million
- Only one Wall Street analysts is following the stock and is not making a recommendation at this time
- He projects the revenue to grow 62.90% this year and another 12.80% next year
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 150 to 66 that the stock will beat the market
- 4,909 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha